5 Helpful Tips to Boost Your Followers on Social Media
Many big brands use social media these days to connect with their customers and promote their products and services. For this reason, the importance of a large social media following cannot be overemphasized. With an engaged set of followers on a social media platform, the brand can showcase new initiatives and products, spread campaigns, and lots more.
With many followers actively engaging your online content, it won’t be long before they begin to click on the links to your services and products. This is why every brand’s goal is to achieve as many followers as they can get (hundreds of thousands to millions!).
However, generating a lot of followers is not an easy task. But with the few tips mentioned below, you should be able to reach your target number of followers sooner than later.
Five Main Tips to Build Social Media Followers
1. Use Stunning Visuals: Never underestimate the power of stunning visuals on social media. People engage in content with good visuals and are more likely to share it to their followers too. Do well to include eye-catching images to your posts, especially if the posts’ content is descriptive. This would give your followers a visual representation of your posts and boost their engagement. This engagement would, in turn, draw the attention of more people to follow your account to see more exciting content that you have to offer. The best part is that you do not have to break the bank to get stunning visuals for your posts. Free resources like LogoCreator can help you get the job done.
2. Contests and Giveaways: Social media is filled with contests and giveaways these days, and it is one great way to get new followers on your account. There are several types of contests, such as the comment and win, caption contest, photo contest, and more. All these contest are certain to drive up your viewer engagement, but there are some essential things you must keep in mind. Never give gifts that are not related to your brand or services. This would draw the wrong crowd to your page, and they would leave once they have won the gift they came for in the first place. This is why you should promote your content everywhere to reach out to a larger audience.
3. Respond to your Followers: Nothing attracts more people on social media than an account that responds to its followers. This shows that the brand or person behind the account is invested in its viewers and not some brand that posts content and ignores its followers’ contributions or questions. You can engage your followers more by staying active in the comment section of your posts, and by asking them for suggestions and feedback.
4. Add you follow buttons everywhere: this is one thing a lot of users are missing out on. You should capitalize on all your social media content by including the option to follow your social media accounts regardless of the platform you are on. The best way to go about this is to add a follow button at the end of your post on all your social media platforms, newsletters, and email list.
5. Understand the dynamics of each Social media platform: Every social media platform has a peculiarity that makes them stand out from each other. The dynamics of LinkedIn are never going to be like Instagram in any way. This is why you have to understand how each social media platform works before you post your content. For instance, Facebook gives you room to post long stories, while Instagram allows for a wide range of videos and pictures. It would be wrong of you to force a long text or story on Instagram because nobody reads long stories on Instagram!
Gaining followers for your social media account is not an easy task. But these tips should help you get started.